Why Durham Homes
It starts with dedication to craftsmanship. Our team examines every single detail to ensure that your home is built with exceptional quality and care. We love what we do and it shows in our work. With over 100 years of combined team experience, we’ll walk you through every step of our process. From choosing the right floorplan, to selecting your finishes, to navigating the loan process, we’re here to guide and answer any and all questions.
Whether you started your new home on a vacant lot, halfway through construction or completely finished, our process is always the same; build and deliver a home we’d be proud to personally live in. Homes built on your own lot are completely customizable. Our design center is packed to the brim with options to meet every budget and every style. Feeling overwhelmed? Not to worry. Your design meeting includes design guidance and expertise from our very own interior designer!
Each and every Durham Home is backed by a 2-10 Home Warranty. What does that mean for you? Peace of mind.
What to Expect
For most, a home is one of the largest purchases you will ever make. At Durham Homes you can expect a fully dedicated team with one common goal in mind; you and your investment!
- Step 1: Purchase land you’d like to build your dream home on.
Some key features to look for and think about when purchasing land: Public water/sewer availability. If the property requires a well and/or septic tank, be sure to contact DHEC. DHEC will be able to tell you if the land can support these systems. If so, DHEC will provide you with a permit.
Internet service: Is high speed internet important to you? Be sure to look into the provider. While most of South Carolina offers high speed internet, some more rural areas are still catching up. If you work from home, or use streaming services you’ll want to look at land in a high speed internet area.
- Step 2: Before we meet; create a list of necessities and wants. This list will help us narrow down floorplans that we tailor to your lifestyle.
- Step 3: We have land, we have building plans, now it’s time to make your home one of a kind! Customize every detail of your home from countertops and flooring to trim packages and siding. Selection meetings are held with our very own interior designer, Jason Morse.
- Step 4: Permitting. Now that plans and finishes have been completed, Durham Homes will take care of pulling building permits and prepping your lot for the build.
- Step 5: Electrical Walkthrough. The foundation is in, your new home has been framed and now we’re ready for rough-ins! During this time, your builder will contact you to schedule your electrical walkthrough. What is an electrical walkthrough? This is when you walk the home with your builder and electrician to discuss light and outlet placement and any additional electrical work you’d like done before drywall.
- Step 6: We’re about a week out from your closing and it’s time for your final walkthrough with your builder. At this meeting you’ll have the opportunity to walkthrough and inspect your new home with the builder. You’ll learn about your appliances, how to use and program your thermostat and create a punch list of items that may not be complete just yet, but will be complete before closing.
- Step 7: You’ve been so patient. It’s time to sign your closing documents and move in!
Included in Every Home:
Engineered Floor System